Monday, March 29, 2010

A little sweetness

As my kids get older one of the hardest things for me to deal with is sibling rivalry i.e. contention in our home. I realize that part of this comes with age and they will grow out of the "not being able to share" stage, and the "I'm hitting because I don't know how else to vent my frustration" stage and I do my best to stay calm and patiently teach them over and over and over and over again words to use instead of hitting and strategies to deal with siblings who are learning to share etc. Some days are more successful than others, but seriously there is nothing sweeter than when I am in one room doing something and I hear the wailing begin or the arguing begin and before I can intervene I hear them solve it all on their own with loving words and kind deeds and continue on with their play.
Bulldozer/Pusher

Excavator/Digger
Zina 4 1/2 yrs

This day Zina and Wilson were drawing and coloring. Wilson was upset about something - not being able to use the marker or the paper Zina was using I'm sure. (He always wants the same thing she has). Anyways, it ended up that Wilson decided to ask Zina to draw him a pusher and a digger. She sweetly obliged. I love her pusher and her digger. And so did Wilson. He was so excited to come show me that Zina "drawed me a pusher and a digger Mom!"

2 comments:

Brenbren said...

Zina is an artist in the making. Those turned out really good. Did mark shave wilson's head? Or is it just really short and hard to see sense he has white blond hair?

Rachel Chick said...

Oh, those sweet moments. They come so seldom sometimes . . . glad that they are figuring it out. :) I hope that little baby boy comes soon (duh. like I need to tell YOU that! :) I'm excited to see your new babe. :) Good luck with all to come! The hospital wasn't a bad way to go. I take it that you have a midwife that will be there with you? If not, get Mark ready to just field the nurses before they get to you. So they don't have to interrupt your "zone" with their asinine questioning. You'll do great! I'm excited for you! Let us know when he gets here!