Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

On mother's day I woke up at 7 because my little family came in calling me softly, "momma it's time for breakfast!"  The day before Zina had sneakily asked me what my favorite breakfast was by saying, "My favorite breakfast is such and such what's yours?"  I honestly thought nothing of it until the next morning when there it all was on the breakfast table!  What a lucky girl I am.  Mark had taken the kids to the grocery store with him the night before and Wilson had insisted on the yellow flowers (my favorite color - smart boy!).  Underneath the sign that Zina had made me was my favorite chocolate bar a cadbury fruit and nut.  Yay! I felt really special.  


Mark just started his surgery rotation and after breakfast had to go make rounds at the hospital.  So I got the kids ready for church and off we went.   It's always fun to go to church by myself because inevitably there is always someone who stops to tell me how amazing I am. "Church with 3 kids all by yourself?  We can't even handle our one and there is 2 of us!"  Well, just to set the record straight it's not me.  It's my kids.  They rock my world. 
Seriously, they did so good at church on Sunday. It always makes me so proud to be their mom.
It also helped to sit by the Bushman's and Brooke came to my rescue quite a bit. Thanks Brooke!  Mark made it to church for the 2nd and 3rd hours and when we got home he single handedly made THE most delicious roast dinner.  So good.  So so so good.

My boys working in the kitchen! (sort of)  I really love Wilson in his super hero cape riding the tricycle around the house. :)
And he did all the dishes all by himself while I took a nap. Pure gold this husband of mine. Pure gold!
It's hard work for the boys on Mother's Day.  They needed a nap too. :)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

What a good mother's day! And I would like to point out that one, you rescued me during church too. Teaming up is a good thing :)