Saturday, May 21, 2011

Surgery

I figured this was proof that Mark is enjoying this rotation.
This was right after he walked in the door.   He didn't sit down to relax, he didn't wait for the kids friends to go home. Nope, he called them all over to "play" with him.
 getting sanitized...
 We had surgeons, first assists, anesthesiologists, nurses and 
of course a patient. :)
 I think Wilson is getting gall bladder surgery.



 He's trying very hard to stay asleep.. :)
 Wilson's turn to operate!


 "I need that one!"
 Ellie Larsen is have knee surgery.  

And this is what Mark will actually be doing during his true surgery's.
Playing on his phone...oh wait, I mean keeping the patient alive....
Let's hope he like's July's Anesthesia rotation as much as he liked May's surgery rotation. :)

5 comments:

veryterry said...

what an awesome dad! Sounds like things are going pretty well there for the end of your time in Arizona. Hope your move goes well! too bad your new location isn't quite close enough to be work-out buddies again :)

Rachael Spencer said...

that is hilarious! It even looks very clean--no germs getting in there! I love your blog Bec, it makes me happy. Thanks especially for your Gordon Newfeldt reminders--I needed to read that article on children needing love the other day.

Brooke said...

I am very impressed with the quality fo the Thomas Family O.R. Excellent lighting, very professional surgical attire and supplies. Perhaps you should make teach classes and hire out :) P.S. The pictures of Zina with her gloves kills me. And I think Sam looks very cute in his scrub hat.

The Lowry's said...

What fun. I bet the kids just loved it all. ha, so true, the anesthetist is a pretty slack job once the patient is asleep. They sit and play on whatever electrical device they have, eat, read books etc. I see it all the time first hand.

Tiffany said...

how did i never hear about this! hilarious! not something kyle will ever be staging for the kids so i'm glad ellie got her blood and gore out at your house. =)