Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas 2012

And Christmas Eve finally came!! This was really our first Christmas with just us in the 8yrs we have been married.  Can you believe that!  My husband was so sweet to pretty much let me do whatever I wanted however I wanted.  :)  He's getting pretty smart in his old age. 
We had fun making delicious treats all day long and then delivering them/caroling to our friends.  Of which only 3 were home.  :) After Wilson told me, "Mom, I don't really like caroling"  haha.
Can't have Christmas without our traditional Almond Toffee! YUM!!  We also made crockpot cinnamon sugar almonds, and carmel pretzels with pecans
And no baking session is complete without dancing to Christmas music. :)
Davey might be worried for his life. 
When we got home from caroling (I have to add that it finally started to SNOW on Christmas Eve!!!) we sat down to hot soup in soup bowls. (A Thomas family tradition.)


Built a toasty fire.


                                            And had our own little nativity re-enactment.


Behold a wise man!

and another. :)
And an Angel.
And a Shepherd/Narrator/Joseph. 
A sweet baby Jesus.

I love us.  

Then we opened some Christmas Jammies from Grandma Judy....and went to bed!

We missed our families, but I have to admit...
I really really liked having our own little Christmas.  I would have loved to have Christmas Day Dinner with Grandma's and Aunt's and Uncles and Cousins....but I really loved having our own little intimate Christmas eve and Christmas morning.

Zina woke up first at 6:30.  We heard her wake up go to the bathroom and go get back in bed!!??  She thought it was still the middle of the night and didn't want to get caught by Santa and get nothing for Christmas. hehe.  Then Wilson woke up and came and snuggled with us.  We told him to go wake up Zina who promptly told him to go get back in bed!!  Finally we had to tell Zina to get out of bed or we'd take her presents back. :)  Once she realized it was morning they were begging to go out to the family room.  (They couldn't peak because Santa had hung a sheet over the hallway entry)
Stockings! I missed getting a picture of all the kids in their Christmas Jammies.  Zina's pink zebra stripes are pretty rock'n. :)


True to Keeler tradition we didn't tear into any presents until after breakfast was eaten...the dishes didn't quite get done, but we snacked on breakfast all morning long it seemed like.  








We invited friends over for Christmas Day dinner at 1pm. But we weren't quite ready. :)  I don't think we actually ate until 2:30 or 3:00. Oops.  Oh well.  I had determined not to be stressed out and to just enjoy the day and I mostly succeeded.   We were grateful for friends to share the season with. :)
Addie, Zina, & Wilson.
Kade, Annalissa, Mark and Mandie.  
Missing from pictures: Greg, Graham, Fielding, Kaya, Sammy, Davey, Me. :)
I love my new yellow dishes!

It really was a great day.  I love my little family.  

No comments: