Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The after-Christmas. :)

Mark had to go back to work the day after Christmas so we went back to school.  I prefer the routine of our relaxed schooling anyways.  But we were still reveling in the magic of new Christmas toys and finally those big fluffy flakes falling from the sky- which always makes the toasty fire that much more toasty.

Evening games: 
We put the kids to bed and enjoyed a rousing game of battleship. 
I won. 
:)

Beautiful Snow!!
I am really enjoying the snow....as long as I'm not out in it.  
Seriously, we stay home and inside way to much. 
Well, the kids go play and I would probably go play with them but I've got this baby to hold...



Ah-well. At least Dad's a good sport.  The kids now own their very own snow shovels.  It's a good thing too, because now that Mark is on ICU they might be shoveling the driveway with out him.  We (I) am determined to make the best of this month!

 Happy 3mths to this baby boy.  He is such a mild mannered baby.  He doesn't take regular long naps, but is so pleasant when he is awake and often just falls asleep on the floor amidst all the chaos.  The kids (especially Wilson) just love to talk and snuggle and even have "tummy" time with him.
 And 3 cheers for my Sammy!!
He is potty trained.  Hurry for only one child in diapers. :)
The last couple of months have been hardest on my sweet Sammy.  Between homeschooling the older kids and taking care of a baby I feel like my generally happy and precocious Sam has turned into a bit of a sad little boy.   He's feeling a little neglected. :(
Trying to fill up all these little people with love is a lot of work.  
Never mind seeing to their education, health, nutrition, clothing, and general well-being. 
Plus encouraging them to play nice and not kill each other.  
:)
I admit.  There have been days when dinner time has rolled around and I have realized that I have not brushed my hair OR my teeth.
Gross right.

But.
I wouldn't change a thing.  
I have been reminded over and over again these last few months that these days will be over all to fast and I feel incredibly blessed to be struggling through them.




1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Ain't that the truth! :) I have the same kind of days . . . probably far more often than you. :) But I've also been learning to enjoy the same things. I've said it once and I'll say it again, we need to be neighbors. :) But we don't ever leave our house either . . . so we might not see much of one another even if we did. :)